This post deals with the terrible MTNL service and connections and how to make your TriBand work like a dream.
Everybody knows that MTNL made the Broadband dream come true. We were through with the slow dial-up connection and finally upgraded to broadband! Yeah!
But now, the service is absolutely horrible. Of course Airtel Broadband rocks and provides better service than MTNL, but its way too expensive. All we need to do is make some settings and tweak the settings a bit to make the Internet work like a charm.
Follow these steps:
1) Open Internet Explorer only. Firefox will not do.
2) Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, and a login window will appear, Type admin in the username as well as in the password field.
3) Now you should face an image which looks like this. Click WAN on the sidebar.
4) Now, you should go on to this page. Enter the settings as shown in the picture. In the username field, enter your telephone number – the one through which your broadband is connected. In the password field, enter your CA number which is given on your telephone bill. However, the CA number can also be derived from your phone number. If your phone number is 27xxxxxx, then your CA number will be 2041xxxxxx.
If you changed your password on http://www.register.bol.net.in, then you should enter that password.
When you’re through, click Apply.
5) Click on the Tools tab at the top of the page and click System. Now click Save and Reboot. This will take some time, and the page may not reload, But that does not matter. Don’t panic if you get a “Page Not Found” error or something like that.
That’s it, you’re done! Now the net should work like a charm. If it doesn’t, I offer my heartiest condolences.