Yes! This tutorial is the ultimate guide to boost up your computer and make it work like never before. There is no need for any additional software.
This tutorial consists of two parts:
Part I – Change Appearance
1) Click Start
2) Right-click on “My Computer” and click “Properties” in the drop down menu.
3) In the Properties dialog box, click on the “Advanced” tab.
4) Under the Advanced tab, click “Settings” under the Performance frame.
5) In the Settings dialog box, choose the “Adjust for best performance” option, and click OK twice.
You will now have a Windows-98-style desktop. Of course this is not what you wanted, but this speeds up performance considerably.
Part II – Remove Startup Components
1) Hit Windows Key + R (shortcut for Run) –or—alternatively access it from the Start menu.
2) Type msconfig and hit enter or click OK.
3) In the System Configuration Utility dialog box click on the “Startup” tab.
4) See? How many startup programs are enabled!! Click “Disable All”.
5) Enable only those programs which are required at startup. I enabled ashDisp (because it was the avast! Antivirus program) and µTorrent (because I want downloads to continue as soon as I start up my computer.
6) Click OK. Click Restart on the message that follows.
7) After restart, you should see this message. Check the “Don’t show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts” box and click OK.
You should now see a considerable change in your computer performance.
If these don’t work, contact me via comments or run a virus scan using avast! Probably, your computer is virus infected.